Finding a home in New Jersey is tough enough and now you need to find a NJ home inspector to ensure your future investment is not filled with pitfalls.
Not all Home Inspectors are the same. It comes down to back ground, experience and knowledge.
Many NJ Home Inspectors today do not have a construction background and don’t even know how a home is built. For this reason, we receive many calls throughout the year from buyers who had another inspector inspect their new home and once they move in, they find many problems which were not in the home inspection report. A few of these calls has resulted in $100,000.00 in repairs.
Over the years we have compiled many do’s and don’ts in hiring a home inspector, here are just a few.
- Do ask friends, family, coworkers and your real estate attorney for names of inspectors they may have used and were happy with the outcome.
- Don’t use a Home Inspector from the list of inspectors provided by your real estate agent.
- Do use an Inspector with vast knowledge and experience as an inspector.
- Do use an Inspector that will allow you to follow him/her throughout the entire inspection.
- Don’t hire a Home Inspector based on cost (most people who hire a cheap inspector regret it once they move into the home).
- Don’t hire a Home Inspector who produces a check list type report.
- Don’t hire a Home Inspector who will not enter and walk the entire attic space.
- Don’t hire a Home Inspector if he will not mount the roof.
Here at Jersey First Inspection Services we believe knowledge, experience and the use of current technology produces a top-notch inspection and report.
- 20 years inspecting homes in New Jersey
- Construction background dating back to 1974
- Degree in electrical engineering
- Licensed New Jersey home inspector
- Licensed New Jersey building inspector
- Certified level 3 infrared thermographer
- 12+ years inspecting masonry chimneys
- Experience inspecting sewer pipe from house to the road
If you’re looking to purchase new construction or a resale, give Jersey First a call at 732 356-6840 or 877 921-3062.
Jersey First Inspection Services performs Home Inspections in Somerset County, Morris County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Mercer County and Hunterdon County