New construction home inspections are a great way to make sure your contractor(s) is doing the quality work that you are paying for. A new home buyer can greatly benefit from using a professional home inspector like Jersey First during the construction and completion of their new home.
We provide two types of inspections, Pre-drywall and Final Inspection.
- A pre-drywall inspection is performed once the insulation has been installed. The structure, roof, rough electrical, plumbing and HVAC is inspected at this time.
- A final inspection is performed prior to closing. The entire home is inspected from roof to foundation and every system and built-in appliance is operated.
Although new homes are built to code and local building officials inspect the home, houses are very complex systems comprised of many components installed by a small army of different contractors. Defects may include:
- Missing insulation
- Plumbing or electrical issues
- Heating or airconditioning problems
- Mold growth
- Roof leakage
- Uneven stairs
- Incorrectly installed stucco and stone veneer
A new construction home inspection by Jersey First will give you an evaluation of the overall quality of the home, provide a punch list of small repairs and occasionally, find significant problems that can save the buyer and builder thousands of dollars and prevent complex litigation and repairs.