A new construction inspection is a great way to make sure your contractor(s) is doing the quality work that you are paying for. A new home buyer can greatly benefit from using a professional home inspector like Jersey First during the construction and completion of their new home.
We provide two types of inspections, Pre-drywall and Final Inspection.
- A pre-drywall inspection is performed once the insulation has been installed. The structure, roof, rough electrical, plumbing and HVAC is inspected at this time.
- A final inspection is performed prior to closing. The entire home is inspected from roof to foundation and every system and built-in appliance is operated.
Although new homes are built to code and local building officials inspect the home, houses are very complex systems comprised of many components installed by a small army of different contractors. Defects may include:
- Missing insulation
- Plumbing or electrical issues
- Heating or airconditioning problems
- Mold growth
- Roof leakage
- Uneven stairs
- Incorrectly installed stucco and stone veneer
A new construction inspection by Jersey First will give you an evaluation of the overall quality of the home, provide a punch list of small repairs and occasionally, find significant problems that can save the buyer and builder thousands of dollars and prevent complex litigation and repairs.
At Jersey First, we provide you with the quality home inspection you want and deserve. Please contact us if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.